I am a Thanksgiving baby. This year my birthday is on Black Friday. But before I blow out my candles I want to give thanks. So Jesus here is one thank you for every year!
1. I thank You that before You formed me in the womb you knew me!
2. I thank You that you put me in a family that made room for my gifts even if they couldn’t understand them!
3. I thank You for putting me in a family that loves story and laughter! You knew I needed that!
4. I thank You for dying on the cross in my place to purchase my pardon!
5. I thank You for that You will complete the good work You have begun in me!
6. I thank You for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and for the gifts of power which You placed within me!
7. I thank You for the call to ministry!
8. I thank You for the wife You gave to me and our 23 years of marriage
9. I thank You for calling three of my children into ministry!
10. I thank You for calling my son Joe to church planting in Philadelphia!
11. I thank You for providing for my daughter Melanie’s internship in Jamaica!
12. I thank You for providing for my daughter Amanda’s Missions trip to Mali!
13. I thank You for calling my sister to missions in the Netherlands!
14. I thank You for allowing me to minister in the church I was saved in!
15. I thank You for allowing me another opportunity to minister to teens!
16. I thank you for allowing me the opportunity to write!
17. I thank You for the provision of a beautiful house!
18. I thank You for wonderful in-laws!
19. I thank You for healing Paul from cancer!
20. I thank You for healing Skyelees arm!
21. I thank You for making Bob cancer free!
22. I thank You for restoring David’s family over the last month!
23. I thank You for allowing me to lead worship!
24. I thank You for the gift of playing the piano!
25. I thank You for healing Cindy’s ganglion cyst!
26. I thank You for helping me finish the first draft of my novel!
27. I thank You that some day You will bring reconciliation between me and my son Cory!
28. I thank You that You have given me everything I need for life and godliness!
29. I thank You for Your Word!
30. I thank You for the Holy Spirit’s gift of making the Scripture understandable
31. I thank You that You are returning soon!
32. I thank You that You shall take me to Heaven in the rapture of the church!
33. I thank You that I have been made to rule and reign with Christ in the Thousand-Year-Reign!
32. I thank You that You are my Provider and that to this point You have helped me to pay my bills!
33. I thank You for allowing both my wife and I to spend time with our kids in Pennsylvania this fall!
34. I thank You for brining my daughters home for Thanksgiving!
35. I thank You helping my children to excel in college!
36. I thank You that all of my children are in church and pursuing relationship with you!
37. I thank You for a wonderful boss in Pastor Risto!
38. I thank You for a great work environment in Cornerstone Church!
39. I thank You for a wonderful group of people to minister too in the congregation at Cornerstone!
40. I thank You for the twenty guests we will have tomorrow for Thanksgiving!
41. I thank You that Thanksgiving dinner is prepped and ready to go!
42. I thank You for helping the youth group to raise over $4,000.00 for missions this year!
43. I thank You for 43 years of life in which to serve You!
Happy Thanksgiving Jesus!
What do you have to thanks Jesus for?
Thank you 🙂
I have a laundry list of things for which I am thankful! I’ll start with thanks to Him for waking me up this morning. Thank you for faithfully sharing words of encouragement through your blogs.
“May the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge, reward you fully for what you have done.”Ruth 2:12
God bless you and Happy Birthday!
Thank you ann. I am blessed greatly. My wish for this year is the ability to remember that in every situation!
Happy Birthday! You have a wonderful list of blessings…
I especially like #27 because it shows your strength of faith and the wisdom of your heart.
Thank you for the kind comment. I look forward to the day when the ministry of reconciliation shall have completed its work!
i love your websight pastor jay its lovely
It is a blessing to know people are out there reading it!
Thanks for this beautiful reminder Pastor J. I am so incredibly blessed, and thankful for so many things. I am thankful for forgiveness, for grace, for love, for kindness, for His Word, for our church, for you and for Pastor Risto, for leadership and guidance from Godly people, for my family, for the lessons I am learning through our trials with Sammy, for our jobs, for our home, for my truly amazing friends, and the list goes on and on….
God bless you today and always! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Thank you so much Danielle. I am thankful for another year in Christ! I praise God also for you and your family.