“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis
I am realizing this, my first spiritual journey of 2013, has been about restoring dreams to my life. It’s odd that God should be rebuilding my dreams in these times of gathering gloom; But then again maybe that’s not so odd. If God’s people cannot dream into the days ahead who can? Further, while this old world order may be passing away, we are about to enter into our time…the reign of Jesus. Perhaps now is the time for us to fill our virgin lamps with the oil of Spirit-inspired dreams (MA 25)!
Here are things I am dreaming and praying about:
1. For my son, Joe, to be excepted into the Masters program he has applied to and to received an assistantship.
2. For my daughter, Melanie, to be led to the right Masters program and for her to obtain a job as children’s pastor or as a school teacher.
3. For my daughter, Amanda, to see her dream clarified by the Spirit and for her to be given the fortitude to stand in the dream no matter what comes.
4. For God to lead me in the best path through a complicated issue in my life.
5. For my mother’s salvation.
6. For the supernatural healing of my eyes.
7. For financial provision and increase to help provide for my children’s college expenses, for a new car and for finances to keep the old car running until the increase.
8. For supernatural direction in my travels and opportunities to preach when I travel.
9. For” RTW” to receive 500,000 hits this year (I have been afraid to even state this dream as it seems so far out there but sometimes that is faith)
9a. For direction in joining a certain life-changing blog contest.
10. To publish the book and sell 125,000 copies (again…wicked out there to use the New England vernacular).
11. For direction to get to the next level in our compassion ministries at Cornerstone church.
12. For a team of 30 healing prayer ministers 15 of whom are equipped to lead healing prayer sessions.
13. For God’s 2013 vision for our worship teams (I have said to our congregation it is raining guitar players and song writers). God never provides things we have no use for. So I am asking God to reveal what our next step is as a worship ministry.
14. For God to give me His 2013 vision for C.cada artists community. How does he want us to impact the artistic community for Jesus? How does He want me to promote our Christian artists and help them to attain the next level?
15. To lose 40 lbs.
16. To restore my family home and property to tip-top shape.
It is a little daunting to write these visions down for everyone to see because it makes them real. It means my success or failure can now be measured; But I have realized for about a week now that telling you all my dreams was one of my steps of faith.
What dream is God building inside of you? What dreams would you like to see restored?
“Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.” ― Edgar Allan Poe
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” ― Louisa May Alcott
“All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake up in the day to find it was vanity, but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” ― T.E. Lawrence,
Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it…” ― Wilferd Peterson
“We wrapped our dreams in words and patterned the words so that they would live forever, unforgettable.” ― Neil Gaiman, Fragile Things