I got a great New Year’s gift from Debby at http://twominutesofgrace.wordpress.com/. This is my first award and I am giddy with excitement…no really I have been telling everyone! I’m afraid I have become a little bit of a braggart 😦 But this too shall pass! For the moment I am going to bask in the sunshine of the honor! Thank you Deb!
Now this particular award requires that I nominate 15 of my favorite bloggers for the award; So I nominate:
1. Nicole at Simple Moments : http://lovingsimplemoments.wordpress.com/
2. Sarah at the Flying Onion: http://theflyingonion.wordpress.com/
Thanks Nicole and Sara for giving me the push to blog in the first place!
3. Notes from Rumbly Cottage: http://notesfromrumblycottage.wordpress.com/
4. From My Front Step: http://frommyfrontstep.wordpress.com/
5. Perfect Puddles: http://perfectpuddles.wordpress.com/
6. David at : http://desertvoices.wordpress.com/ Give this a read if you want to read some great missionary stories.
7. Tom at : http://tomraines.wordpress.com/
8. Ben at: http://justifiedfreely.wordpress.com/
9. Sowing Seeds Of Orthodoxy at: http://sowingseedsoforthodoxy.wordpress.com/
10. Deb at: http://iftodaywehear.wordpress.com/
11. Goforth at: http://hardcore-christian.com/
12. Ann at: http://tonirand.wordpress.com/ I can never thank you enough for how you have inspired so many of us in the blogosphere!
The above are all awesome devotional blogs.
13. Lori at: http://marriagegems.com/ research based marriage tips. An awesome read!
14. Leaving the Fast Lane… at: http://lujos.wordpress.com/
15. And Julian at: http://julian-hoffman.com/ He only blogs once in a while but his words taste like honey to my reading taste buds!
This award also requires that I tell you 7 things about myself. I’m not really sure why 7…maybe because it’s the number of completion. Whatever the reason I willingly acquiesce:
1. I come from a long line of musicians. At family reunions everyone used to bring their instrument and we would throw an impromptu band concert.
2. My first instrument is the flute( yeah my Dad told me it wasn’t very manly but I had a crush on my elementary school music teacher and the flute was her favorite). These days I stick primarily to piano and vocals.
3. I have been leading church worship since I was sixteen (that’s 28 years for all those of you trying to figure my age)
4. I have been pastoring since 1991.
5. I am pretty good with driving directions but you don’t want me leading on a hike through the mountains.; That’s a good way to end up on an episode of “I Shouldn’t Be Alive”; Just ask my kids!
6. I once had a youth group steal my car. Good thing they didn’t know how to drive stick!
7. Hmmm….what else? Oh yeah chewing is my favorite form of exercise!
Thanks again Deb! 🙂