Happy week after Thanksgiving everyone! 🙂 I trust that you are all still enjoying the turkey and turnip soup, the chicken pot pies and the cold chicken and stuffing sandwiches. I am eating chicken and rice casserole as I answer Cee’s great questions!
- What feeds your enthusiasm for life? Jesus Christ is all my hope and stay. He is my life source and the fire deep in my bones. The thought that I shall dwell with Him forever in eternity causes me to wake everyday with a fresh hope!
- If someone made a movie of your life would it be a drama, a comedy, a romantic-comedy, action film, or science fiction? My life would definitely not be an action movie (Indiana Jones I am not) and no one is going to mistake me for the romantic lead. But a drama driven by sarcastic humor? I think most people could buy that one.
- If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do? I’d be the guy with the little white dogs in the shiny blue tails and top hat. 🙂
- You are given $500 and the chance to exchange it for one of two envelopes. One envelope contains $5,000 and one contains $50. Do you make the trade? Why or why not? I’m not much of a gambler. I’d probably keep the $500.00
I absolutely love the questions this week Cee! By the way I have heard from some of my readers that this weekly post is their favorite bit of my writing. Thanks for being such a blessing! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
- Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities without a hat or wig while not explaining the reason for your haircut? I would absolutely shave my head for $10,oo0.oo. As far as not telling anybody the reason… sure that would be almost fun. I would just tell people they have to keep guessing. 🙂
- Which of the following restrictions could you best tolerate: leaving your country permanently, or never leaving the state or area in which you live now? I think leaving the country permanently would be a great adventure!
- If you had to spend one weekend alone in a single store but could remove nothing, which store would you pick? I like Cee’s idea of a furniture store. We have one nearby that also sports a restaurant and an IMAX. So Jordan’s furniture would be my choice.
- If you could have a servant come to your house every day for one hour, what would you have them do? Light carpentry. You did say it was skilled labor right? 🙂
Have you ever had one of those months?
I think I have just come through one of the busiest falls of my entire life! I finally hit the writer’s- block -wall this last weekend and got thrown right out of the blogging truck. You know it’s bad when you can’t even come up with a decent photo blog on the theme “green”.
Anyway, as I was laying there on the literary pavement trying desperately to come up with something witty to say to y’all, I realized I was going to miss a few days. I can’t tell you how hard it was to just stay silent so my thoughts could catch up with me. I hate setting goals (like daily blogging) and not meeting them but now I am resurfacing!
I think this song says it all!
Have you ever been here?
Oh BTW how do you like the new look?
Well while Cee’s autumn seems to be starting, ours is ending. Our nights are beginning to get that wintry feel and snow fly was last week. Here’s what I saw on my walk the other night.
the autumn shine is being replaced with winter’s stark beauty.
Here are this week’s questions and answers:
- Do you prefer eating the frosting of the cake or the cupcake first? Who needs cake? If it wasn’t wrapped around the frosting in the middle I would probably discard the cake altogether!
- What is your favorite cheese? I love mozzarella, but on spaghetti you can’t beat a good parmesan!
- What is your biggest fear or phobia? (no photos please) Failure. You would think by this point in my life I would be over that but nope.
- Would you dare to sleep in haunted house overnight? Probably not by choice. I figure why expose yourself to dark spirit powers unnecessarily? If you’ve got to stay in a “haunted” location I think the spirit should be dealt with first.
Thanks Cee! Great questions.
Happy birthday week Cee and Chris! I loved the questions this week!
- How many rings before you answer the phone? It really depends where I am. At the office I usually pick up as soon as I am paged. When I am at home,especially when I am on supper break,I will often let the answering machine pick up. I very seldom pick up the cell quickly as I usually have to fish it out of some secret pocket in my computer case…once I realize it is my phone ringing. 🙂
- If you were to be on a reality TV show which one would you be on and why? I would love to be on the Amazing Race. How much fun would it be to globetrek like that?I don’t think I would probably be on long though…a little to strenuous.
- What’s your middle name? Why? My middle name is Elon. Why? because the Lillie family 8 generations ago thought that Elon was a cool name. I bet there were tons of Elons during the Revolution. As a kid I would have done anything to be Allen or Mike but over the years I have grown into the name.
- Is the glass half empty or half full? What is in the glass? Oh most definitely half full and naturally it is filled with coffee.
Well I made it through Hurricane Sandy and this year the year’s biggest storm didn’t even knock down any trees in the yard! 🙂 So since I am not out chopping up a fallen tree or bailing the cellar I am ready to answer Cee’s questions.
- What are you wearing right now? I just got in from walking the dogs in driving rain. I could literally ring my pants and socks out so right now I am wearing my warmest pajama bottoms and a bulky grey sweater to get myself warmed up.
- What color or colors looks best on you? I like grey. Black they say is slimming. Grey and black are good but not very interesting I’m afraid.
- Which of Snow White’s 7 dwarfs describes you best and why? (Doc, Happy, Bashful, Sleepy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey) Were I a dwarf I would like to be Doc. The smart retiring leader.
- In a car would you rather drive or ride? I always drive, but I do like to ride…easier to nap! 🙂 Here are some scenes from the last time I got to ride.
Train tracks, Erving MA
Beulah Land, Charlmont MA
Mountain Farm, Charlmont MA
So I am a bit late this week because I have been away at conference since Monday. Hope it’s not too late for these answers.
- If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Italian food. I just love the pasta.
- What is set as the background on your computer? Currently a lavender field in Provence
- Would you rather swim, dance, walk, weight lift or jog? My choice would be to swim or walk. I look ridiculous when I dance… weight lifting or jogging? Yeah right!
- Where do you hide junk when people come over? Here, I’ll show you…
So this is my 25th “Share Your World” post! I may have been late to the game but I am so glad I stumbled upon the life-revealing questions that Cee posts for us. Let me encourage some of you readers to play along. It doesn’t take long and we all can get to know one another a little better.
- It’s a very hot and muggy day. You desperately want something very cool and refreshing to quench your thirst and revitalize your body. What would you drink? A nice tall pink lemonade, or a Moxie!
- What do you keep in the trunk of your car? Right now in the trunk of my van I have two blankets, a bathrobe, a winter coat, a rain jacket, 2 birthday cards, a turkey roasting pan, an electric skillet, two coffee mugs and a box of dog biscuits.
- What is your favorite TV show that is currently on TV? NCIS
- Is it more important to love or be loved? This is sort of a circular question for me. I love because I am loved. I can only really love because I am aware I am loved, not by people because human love can come and go, but I am loved by the Creator of the Universe more intimately than any other could ever love me. I am known by Him and yet He loves me in spite of that. Truth is we are all known and loved by Him. So it is most important that we love because being loved is a done deal for all of us whether we realize it or not.
Here are some pictures from my corner of the globe:
Bridge Over Whitney Pond by JE LIllie
Fall On the Waters by JE Lillie
Wee! Here are this week’s questions from Cee! 🙂
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? I would love to be a great blue whale.
- What makes you feel the most secure? The love of Jesus. Everything else can fail.
- Have you ever jumped out of a plane? If you haven’t, would you want to? Nope I am a tad too chubby at the moment; But I won’t rule it out as a future possibility.
- Are you a listener or talker? Work calls me to be both depending on the situation but I am by nature an observer.
Here are some fall pics.
Fireworks Over the Water by JE Lillie
Fire In the Heavens by JE Lillie
The Greening by JE Lillie
This morning as I drink my coffee and contemplate these questions I find myself wanting a snack, a thick peanut-buttery/ chocolatey snack…Reeses here I come! But please no Nutella (Sorry Cee).
- Crunchy Peanut Butter or Smooth?
Crunchy or smooth doesn’t really matter as long as it’s not all natural. There is nothing worse than peanut butter that tastes like real peanuts except of course all natural peanut butter that is mixed with Nutella!
- Is there a job you interviewed for and didn’t get that would have totally changed your life as it is now? Please explain. I can honestly say “No.” to this question. I suppose the closest I have ever come to not getting a job I wanted was having articles I had written rejected by various magazines.
- What’s the most interesting “Ice Breaker” Question you have ever been asked? (This one is selfish, I’m always looking for more questions.)
What five things in life would you like to get paid for but would choose to do even if you have to pay to do them?
- If you had the choice between an RV, a sports car, an SUV, or a bicycle, which would you choose and why? An RV in fact a friend of mine sent me this picture of a converted bus I would really like to live in!