When things go wrong we often point the finger at God and ask “why”. The old adage usually holds though “when you point at someone remember there are four fingers pointing directly back at you.” I can’t speak for you but I know some of my life’s biggest issues have more to do with how I am than with how God is.
David understood this from the lessons he learned in II Samuel chapter 12 and 13
Here’s what I see:
II Samuel chapter 12 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Lesson of the Little Lamb: II Sam. 12:1-6
2. What Will You Do When God Calls You Out? II Sam. 12:7-13
3. Knowing When To Grieve: II Sam. 12:15-24
II Samuel chapter 13 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Trouble With Crafty Cousins: II Sam. 13: 1-11
2. When We Arrange Our Own Temptations: II Sam. 13: 6-14
3. The Wait Of Revenge: II Sam. 13: 13-29
Have you ever blamed God for a hurt only to later realize you had brought about your own pain? What do you see in these chapters?