When things go wrong we often point the finger at God and ask “why”. The old adage usually holds though “when you point at someone remember there are four fingers pointing directly back at you.” I can’t speak for you but I know some of my life’s biggest issues have more to do with how I am than with how God is.
David understood this from the lessons he learned in II Samuel chapter 12 and 13
Here’s what I see:
II Samuel chapter 12 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Lesson of the Little Lamb: II Sam. 12:1-6
2. What Will You Do When God Calls You Out? II Sam. 12:7-13
3. Knowing When To Grieve: II Sam. 12:15-24
II Samuel chapter 13 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Trouble With Crafty Cousins: II Sam. 13: 1-11
2. When We Arrange Our Own Temptations: II Sam. 13: 6-14
3. The Wait Of Revenge: II Sam. 13: 13-29
Have you ever blamed God for a hurt only to later realize you had brought about your own pain? What do you see in these chapters?
I am realizing this, my first spiritual journey of 2013, has been about restoring dreams to my life. It’s odd that God should be rebuilding my dreams in these times of gathering gloom; But then again maybe that’s not so odd. If God’s people cannot dream into the days ahead who can? Further, while this old world order may be passing away, we are about to enter into our time…the reign of Jesus. Perhaps now is the time for us to fill our virgin lamps with the oil of Spirit-inspired dreams (MA 25)!
Here are things I am dreaming and praying about:
1. For my son, Joe, to be excepted into the Masters program he has applied to and to received an assistantship.
2. For my daughter, Melanie, to be led to the right Masters program and for her to obtain a job as children’s pastor or as a school teacher.
3. For my daughter, Amanda, to see her dream clarified by the Spirit and for her to be given the fortitude to stand in the dream no matter what comes.
4. For God to lead me in the best path through a complicated issue in my life.
5. For my mother’s salvation.
6. For the supernatural healing of my eyes.
7. For financial provision and increase to help provide for my children’s college expenses, for a new car and for finances to keep the old car running until the increase.
8. For supernatural direction in my travels and opportunities to preach when I travel.
9. For” RTW” to receive 500,000 hits this year (I have been afraid to even state this dream as it seems so far out there but sometimes that is faith)
9a. For direction in joining a certain life-changing blog contest.
10. To publish the book and sell 125,000 copies (again…wicked out there to use the New England vernacular).
11. For direction to get to the next level in our compassion ministries at Cornerstone church.
12. For a team of 30 healing prayer ministers 15 of whom are equipped to lead healing prayer sessions.
13. For God’s 2013 vision for our worship teams (I have said to our congregation it is raining guitar players and song writers). God never provides things we have no use for. So I am asking God to reveal what our next step is as a worship ministry.
14. For God to give me His 2013 vision for C.cada artists community. How does he want us to impact the artistic community for Jesus? How does He want me to promote our Christian artists and help them to attain the next level?
15. To lose 40 lbs.
16. To restore my family home and property to tip-top shape.
It is a little daunting to write these visions down for everyone to see because it makes them real. It means my success or failure can now be measured; But I have realized for about a week now that telling you all my dreams was one of my steps of faith.
What dream is God building inside of you? What dreams would you like to see restored?