What does it take for a man to lose his stubborn pride and to worship God without worrying what others think about him? Are we willing to become undignified in the eyes of others in order to display our love for God? It was a process for David to get there and the price was steep.
Where are you in the process? Is there anything in the way?
Here is a bit of what I see in today’s chapters. They contain a lot of truth so see if you can help me dig some more nuggets out of them.
II Samuel chapter 6 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Numbers don’t matter when the heart’s not right: II Sam. 6:1-11
2. Being Afraid Of God Follows Being Mad At God: II Sam. 6: 8-10
3. God’s Way Won’t Please the World: II Sam. 6:14-23
II Samuel chapter 7 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Does God Want What You Want: II Sam. 7: 1-7
2. A Name, A Place, and a Planting: II Sam. 7: 9-11
3. The Davidic Covenant: II Sam. 7: 12-17
Have fun finding 3 of your own truths from each chapter. 🙂 Tell me what you learned!