The Lord’s timing is most definitely not our timing. The Lord’s promises come to pass most often by increments, not all of a sudden. David discovered this as he walked from the moment of his boyhood anointing to be king through 15 years of battle with Saul. Even after Saul’s death the promise of kingship over Israel was not a done deal as II Samuel 2 and 3 tell us.
Here is what I see in today’s chapters:
II Samuel chapter 2 sermon topics/titles
1. Taking the Next Step: II Sam. 2: 1-3
2. Never Be Discouraged By Echoes of the Past: II Sam. 2:4-11
3. the Consequences of Refusing To Follow the Lord’s Anointed: II Sam. 2:30,31
II Samuel chapter 3 sermon topics/ titles:
1. The Reasons For Ishbosheth’s Slow Fade: II Sam. 3: 1-9
2. The Pride Of Abner: II Sam. 3: 4-30
3. God Removes the Kingmaker and Makes a King! II Sam. 3:30-37
Have you ever received on of God’s promises in increments like David did?
What do you see in II Samuel chapter 2 and 3?