Sometimes the best way to launch a new venture is by capitalizing on the victories of the past. I am determined to believe great things of 2013 in spite of the significant challenges I see ahead. For the God who did such great things in 2012 is still the God of this moment and of all the moments that lie ahead. His power is not diminished by our national debt, or by the threat of winter storm G—– coming soon to a state near you. In the face of future tragedies his love will not pale or lose its potency. He is God, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End. He is the same yesterday today and forever! Let’s believe Him for big things in 2013 as we thank Him for what He did in 2012.
Here is a brief list of my Thanksgivings for 2012:
1. I am thankful that God met my sister’s budgetary needs so she could move to The Netherlands for the work of missions.
2. I am thankful that God supernaturally healed Brenda from a terrible sinus infection in one minute with no medication just before the Easter play was scheduled to go up!
3. I am thankful that God provided an eight week internship for my daughter to Thailand for $700.00.
4. I am thankful God provided for a thirteen week internship for my son in Myanmar.
5. I am so thankfu God gave me time to visit relatives in both Maine and The Netherlands.
6. I am thankful for the opportunity to minister in music at Special Touch Camp in Connecticut with my daughter.
7. I am thankful that after being hospitalized four times last year my daughter Amanda’s migraines are under control.
8. I am thankful that the grammatical edits on my book are done!
9. I am thankful that after a bad tomato harvest in my own garden someone gave me a enough tomatoes to make a gallon of sauce!
10. I am thankful that the Holy Spirit has been showing up in service when our church gathers. I am so blessed that our church is alive with His presence!
11. I am thankful that our lead pastor took the staff this fall to the Cape for a ministers retreat with Mark Batterson
11. I am thankful that our artists community has continued to meet.
12. I am thankful for the wonderful team of people God has allowed me to work with all these years.
Praise God for the big and the little in 2012. It will cast a better glow on 2013.