The ark of the covenant figures greatly into Israel’s early history. In its day, it was the symbol of God’s presence and power among the Israelites. By chapter 5 of I Samuel the Israelites had lost possession of the ark because of their sin. Israel had lost the power, presence and glory of God! God was showing his people He was not reliant on them for His fame.
Here is what I see in today’s chapters:
I Samuel chapter 5 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Captive Glory: I Samuel 5:1-12
2. All gods Bow Before God! I Samuel 5:1-3
3. Divine Hardball: I Samuel 5:4
I Samuel chapter 6 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Completed Time, Completed Judgment, Completed Atonement: I Samuel 6:1-4
2. Discover the Supernatural Source: I Samuel 6:5-12
3. Rejoicing Past the Boundaries: I Samuel 6:13-21
Now tell me what you see in these verses that would make good sermons! 🙂
Another really great chapter chart of sermons, Pastor J! Divine Hardball sounds interesting! God bless you!
When I am all through the book of Revelation I will begin working my way back through from Genesis! So someday you may jusy get to see that sermon should Jesus tarry!
” Rejoicing Past the Boundaries” I really like this one, Pastor J. This is what I saw.
1 Samuel 5
1. Fallen face down in His presence. 1 Sam 5:2
2. Is your lifestyle repelling Him? 1 Sam 5:6-9
3. Are you crying out in fear? 1 Sam 5:10
1 Samuel 6
1. How do we make amends? 1 Sam 6:1-6
2. Wait for His confirmation. 1 Sam 6:7-18
3. Who can stand in His presence? 1 Sam 6:19-21
How do we make amends would make a wonderful teaching Deb!