As we travel from the last pages of Ruth to the first pages of Samuel it is important to recognize that we are coming to the end of one era and moving into another. We are stepping from the time of the judges into the age of the prophets and kings. Samuel is the pivotal character between these two epochs of history. He stands as the last judge and the first prophet/king-maker of Israel. And to think he was almost never born.
Here’s what I see in today’s chapters:
I Samuel chapter 1 sermon topics/titles:
1. The Blessing of the Barren Bride: I Sam. 1: 1-28
2. Pain From the Wicked World: I Sam. 1: 4-18
3. Fulfilling the Vow When He Fulfills the Promise: I Sam. 1: 11-28
I Samuel chapter 2 sermon topics/ titles:
1. An Answer For My Enemies: I Sam. 2:1-10
2. Spiritual Abuse: I Sam. 2:12-17
3. A Mother’s Coat and a Father’s Ephod: I Sam. 2: 18, 19
Now tell me what sermon topics or titles you see in these chapters. 🙂
I’d be interested in hearing more about spiritual abuse, Pastor J–when you have time/inclination. God bless you big–love, sis Caddo
I may have to write on the subject some time in the future. It is a rather large topic. I’ll pray about it.
I agree…. sounds like a very interesting topic. Curious to hear what you have to say. Lord bless.
THanks Rob. It should make for an interesting discussion. 🙂
I can’t believe how far along you are! God bless you as you chart through 1 Samuel!
Wee! I figure if we keep going at our current pace we should be finished the Bible in about 22 years.
“Fulfilling the Vow When He Fulfills the Promise” this can be a very hard thing to do. Here’s what I saw in these chapters.
I Samuel 1
1. All you need is me. I Sam 1:8
2. Cry out to Him. I Sam 1:15
3. Cherish your season of love. I Sam 1:19-28
I Samuel 2
1. He sees your hidden sin. I Sam 2:3
2. Wicked sons of Old. I Sam 2:12-25
3. Do you desire to serve the King forever? I Sam 2:35
Wow! I absolutely love “Cherish Your Season of Love.”