The Book of Judges is one long walk on the dark side. Sin, death, disobedience and idolatry abound. As I read the book I am often confronted by how our age of moral relativism is nothing more than an astounding echo of this book. The world calls it progression but God names it for what it really is, transgression.
Here’s what I see in today’s chapters:
Judges chapter 18 sermon topics/titles:
1. The Cost Of a False Priest: Judges 18:1-31
2. How To Get Cut Out Of the Final Act: Judges 18:1-31
3. The Incredible Hebrew Hulk: “Don’t make me angry you won’t like me when I’m angry.” : Judges 18: 22-26
Judges chapter 19 sermon topics/titles:
1. Between the Rule Of God and Kings: Judges 19:1-30
2. Refusing To Tarry: Judges 19: 1-30
3. Exchanging New Peace For Old War: Judges 19: 10-30
Now tell me what you see! 🙂
Hi Pastor J! Sometimes this “moral relativism”, which you correctly call “transgression”, makes me SO Cranky!! God bless you and the family abundantly–love, sis Caddo (recovering from flu shot, impatiently)
Ouch Sis. Sorry about the flu shot. I am with you about the crankiness that comes with the world’s depravity.
“The Incredible Hebrew Hulk” ha,ha, I love it Pastor, Bless you 😉
Thanks Patrick! And thanks for stopping by!
“Refusing To Tarry” I would like to hear this sermon. Here’s my thoughts on these chapters.
1. Is God your priest? Judges 18:19-22
2. When your idols are taken, what then? Judges 18:24-26
3. Where is your loyalty when you have many gods? Judges 18:18-31
1. Why has your journey been delayed? Judges 19:3-13
2. Self-preservation but at what cost? Judges 19:23-28
3. Twelve messages were sent out! Judges 19:29-30
“Where Is Your Loyalty When You Have Many Gods?” IS a really good question.
More important lessons here, Pastor J and Debby! I am thinking about Exchanging New Peace for Old War and Debby’s Self Preservation but at what cost. God bless you as you help us see what is really going on around us and inside us.
Tnanks Deb! I think I speak for Debby here when I say we appreciate your spirit of encouragement.