Today we are going to chapter chart the life of Gideon the judge of Israel. One of the things I love about the Bible is that it presents true to life complex characters. the Bible doesn’t hide the warts and wrinkles. God shows us over and over again how He works in and through imperfect people both to accomplish His purposes in the world and to save the individual He is using.
Here is what I see in today’s chapters:
Judges chapter 6 sermon topics/titles:
1. Are You a Crying Caveman? Judges 6: 1-6
2. The Prophet, the Angel and the Mighty Warrior: Judges 6: 7-12
3. If the Lord IS With Us Then Why…? Judges 6:13
Judges chapter 7 sermon topics/titles:
1. Making Little of Much: Judges 7: 1-6
2. Leading the Lappers: Judges 7:7-25
3. Blow! Smash! Shout! A Three Point Sermon: Judges 7:19,20
Now tell me what you see! 🙂
1. do this in remembrance of Me (v11)
2. God works with the few, the least and the weakest (v15)
3. a brand new History : holy communion (v20-22)
1. Quantity is not equal to Quality (v4)
very interesting!!!! I am at awe that I cannot find the right chapter chart. lol
Gideon was threshing wheat in a WINEPRESS, a type of communion (J6 v11)
Gideon placed the meat and bread on the ROCK. (J7 v20)
God consumed the mean and bread, a type of God’s fiery judgement consuming Jesus at the cross! (J7 v21)
now, look what happens in victory
They killed Oreb at the rock of Oreb, and Zeeb at the winepress of Zeeb
awesome! there is so much to tell… Jesus calling the pharisee wolf? ….. need to stop here. lol
I found it hard to contain all the thoughts possible in these chapters. Some days it is a struggle to get three and other days it is a struggle to stick to three!
Love learning about these chapters this way! God bless you, Pastor J. . .and thank you for the encouragement of how God works in imperfect people!
You are welcome. I am always glad for the opportunity to be used by God to bring a new insight! Thank you for your daily work as well. I was truly blessed as I caught up with your blog this morning!
It IS amazing to me that Bible characters are not perfect–until recently, I thought they were–but it’s a relief to know they aren’t; and I’m encouraged to think God can use “even me”. God bless you Big, Pastor J! love, sis Caddo
It is true. I was astounded to learn that the biblical characters were people in process just like me. That is a very comforting thought!
“IF the Lord Is With Us Then Why?” I think a lot of people would like to hear this message. “A brand new history: Holy Communion.” Thank you, God. Here’s what I saw.
1. Are you asking God why? Judges 6:13
2. Remove your false gods and worship Him. Judges 6:25
3. Do we need proof that God wants to use us? Judges 6:36-40
1. Victory shall be at His hands not ours. Judges 7:1-8
2. Victory is no longer just a dream. Judges 7:14-16
3. When the horns sound raise your sword for Him. Judges 7:19-22
“Remove your false gods and worship him.” Is probably one of the most important sermons of the day!