Congrats once again Deb for winning our count down to 100 contest! Once you are finished with your summer course I will give you a proper lesson in using the Strong’s.
It will be a while until our next contest. For now let’s settle into the joy of the work shall we? Here is what I see in today’s chapters.
Joshua chapter 8 sermon topics/titles:
1. The Valley Between: Joshua 8: 10-13
2. The Time of the Javelin: Joshua 8: 18-27
3. Rehearsing the Things of God In Victory: Joshua 8: 30-35
Joshua chapter 9 sermon topics/titles:
1. Listening For the Lie Rather Than the Lord: Joshua 9:1-14
2. The Unbreakable Vow: Joshua 9: 16-21
3. When Wood Cutting and Water Carrying Is a Grace: Joshua 9:22-27
What sermon topics or titles do you find in these chapters? Let me know if something here helps you find material for your blog. 🙂
1. The Art of War : Yehoshua
2. all enemies killed : all sins punished (v24)
3. He died not just for sins, but for our prosperity as well (v27)
1. Your enemies are made a footstool
2. if man can keep an oath how much more God? (v16)
3. Life and Death is in the tongue (v23)
I really like “If man can keep an oath how much more God?” Awesome perspective!
“The Unbreakable Vow” and “if man can keep an oath how much more God?” I think there is a powerful message behind these two. Here is what I saw in these chapters.
1. Wait for His okay. Josh 8:2
2. Use the Lord’s battle plan. Josh 8:3-29
3. Victory etched in stone. Josh 8:32
1. Many will come against you. Josh 9:1-2
2. Remain on guard even in the Victory. Josh 9:3-13
3. Bring everything to Him first. Josh 9:14
I especially like “Victory Etched in Stone” very imaginative. “Remain on guard even in victory” is a powerful teaching.
Lord willing I’ll be using “When Wood Cutting and Water Carrying Is a Grace: Joshua 9:22-27” in a later posting. Good stuff brother Thank you.
You are most welcome. Looking forward to what you come up with. When I finish the charts in 22 years or so. I intend to write sermons on each one. Do you suppose that we will have computers in Heaven?