It is a strange truth about humans that most of us are never comfortable where we are until we have moved on to a new place. Then we wish that we could somehow go back to what we use to complain about. The Israelites faced this human dilemma in Numbers. Here’s what I see in this day’s chapters.
Numbers chapter 14 sermon topics/titles:
1. When Slavery Looks Better: Nu. 14: 1-3
2. Choosing Pleasers Rather Than Leaders: Nu. 14: 4
3. “Calm Down God!” Nu. 4:5-25
Numbers chapter 15 sermon topics/titles:
1. Preparation Necessary: Nu. 15:1- 21
2. I Didn’t Realize! Nu. 15: 22-31
3. The Need For Reminders: Nu. 15: 37-40
What would you write about from these chapters?
These are sooooo good, Pastor J. “Choosing Pleasers Rather Than Leaders” isn’t it so true sometimes tell me what I want to hear not what I need to hear. “Calm Down God!” Wow, this is a powerful one. Are we asking Him to calm down because of something we think He has done or the results of our doings, is the question?
1. We can do this! Nu. 14:7-9
2. Your intercession has moved Me. Nu. 14:20
3. His time is not ours, a day for a year, really? Nu. 14:34
1. What will your special gift be? Nu. 15:13
2. Was it unintentional or deliberate disobedience? Nu. 15:27-31
3. What will it help you remember me? Nu. 15:39-41
You have asked some good questions Deb. I especially like your third choice for Numbers 14. His timing and requirement is most definitely not ours.
Thank you, Pastor J! Praying that the class continues to be a blessing and a tool for us all to use to dig deeper into His word! 🙂 I liked “The need for reminders” and Debby’s “we can do this!” 🙂
God bless you!