Among other things the Book of Leviticus establishes God’s life-rhythm for His people. In the feasts God prescribed for Israel we see an ebb and flow that is God intended way. We humans have a need for structure, probably because we lack the prophetic foresight of our God. Having anchors of tradition, certain repetitive reminders in life, keeps us from careening completely into cultural hopelessness. Here’s what I learned from Leviticus 23 and 24.
Leviticus chapter 23 sermon topics/titles:
1. A Regular Rest: Lev. 23: 1-3
2. The Future In the Feasts (A Prophetic Look At Israel’s Holy Days): Lev. 23: 4-44
3.The Unfulfilled Feasts: Lev. 23:4-44
Leviticus chapter 24 sermon topics/titles:
1. Give Me Oil In My Lamp!: Lev. 24:1-4
2. The Ultimate Friendship Bread: Lev. 24:5-9
3. The Power In the Name: Lev. 24: 10-23
Now tell me what you see! 🙂
I love this one, Pastor J, “The Power In the Name” and there is such truth to be known in that. Here are my thoughts on these chapters.
1. Will you be there when the holy assembly gathers? 23:1-4
2. Will you hear the trumpet blow? 23:24
3. Keep Him in the celebration. 23:40
1. Press in and keep His light lit. 24:1-3
2. Be thankful we don’t get what we deserve. 24:17-19
3. You must not live by “an eye for an eye” any longer. 24:19-21
“Will you be there when the holy assembly gathers?” YES!YES!YES!
Thank you for your faithfulness in this, Pastor J! God bless you!
You are welcome!