So here we are ready at last to start charting through the book of Leviticus. If you have never chapter charted before see my brief explanation of how in https://jelillie.wordpress.com/2011/07/27/chapter-charts-part-1/ Maybe you have never even made it through the Book of Leviticus. Don’t let the book’s reputation throw you, there is much to discover in this little gem of the Old Testament. Are you ready?
Leviticus chapter 1 sermon topics/titles:
1. Presentation is Everything: Lev. 1:1-9
2. The Blood On the Altar: Lev. 1:10-16
3. The Sweet Smell of Sacrifice: Lev. 1: 16
Leviticus chapter 2 sermon topics/ titles:
1. Keeping out the Leaven: Lev/ 2:4-6
2. Our Priestly Portion : LEv. 2:1-10
3. the Salt of the Covenant: Lev. 2:13
Now you try! 🙂
Pastor J, I would have never thought the book of Leviticus would speak to me on so many levels. I really like “Our Priestly Portion.”
1. Are you still searching for The One without blemish? Lev. 1:3
2. Is your offering sweet or sour? Lev. 1:9
3. Have you been atoned by His fire? Lev. 1:13, 17
1. Do you give Him your best? Lev. 2:1-10
2. Is He getting your first fruits? Lev. 2:12
3. Do you need more salt? Lev. 2:13
Every word is anopinted Debby and God has wasted nothing. By meditation on His word we draw truth and apoplication from its depths! “Have you been atoned by His fire” will make for an interesting meditation. 🙂
Thank you, Pastor J,
The Chapter Charting is a pretty neat idea. I have learned A LOT! from you in this regard.
Something about “The Sweet Smell of Sacrifice” encourages and terrifies me at the same time. I’m thinking this is the year I ought not to do the hide and seek thing anymore. All I have is His, He can take it back whenever He wants to, whether or not I give it to Him. Praying for the strength to willingly sacrifice all I am (and have and dream of and hope for), for His glory.
THe funny thing about our sacrifice to Him is that He often returns what was sacrificed with a bonus! I am with you it is scary…but I am learning that is because of what’s inside me not because of what I am called togive to Him. I’m with you may this be a year where I no longer withhold from Him what has always been His anyway! 🙂