If you are like me, then you have at least one person in your life whom you have been totally unable to figure out a “wow” gift for this year.
Well my friend Deb from http://twominutesofgrace.wordpress.com is really onto something with her post “Soup for the Soul.” Check it out:
I know it’s last-minute; But it is never too late to jump on the computer and make a donation in that special someone’s name. Consider giving the gift of giving this year. After all, the person you are thinking about probably already has everything he/she needs… right? That’s why you’re having such a hard time finding a gift.
Here are some giving suggestions if you are at a loss:
1. Donate Bibles from the Gideons in your loved one’s name.
2. Donate to voice of the martyrs, a missions agency dedicated to easing the suffering of persecuted Christians across the globe.
3. Make a one time donation to your favorite missionary. These folks give their all year-round. Many of them are short or underfunded as churches in the U.S. cut budgets.
4. Speed-The-Light is one of my favorite missions outreach. This agency provides tools for missionaries to get their jobs done effectively. They provide cars, vans, buses, sound equipment,and anything else a missionary might need to “get’er done”.
5. I know you probably gave in the little bucket outside your Wal-Mart but why not do a little bit more in the name of your loved one. Give to the Salvation Army.
6. Convoy of Hope is an agency dedicated to disaster relief in partnership with the local church.
7. Health Care Ministries is a ministry dedicated to bringing health care to communities in need across the globe.
I could go on all night; But seven is the number of completion; So I will end here hoping you were inspired to give the gift of giving to at least one of your hard- to- buy- for loved ones.
What are some of your favorite charities?
Thank you, Pastor J. I love this idea too. 🙂
A few that I give to are my local Christian radio station, Open Doors ( for the persecuted church ), and to the SouthSide Missions, a shelter / outreach in a nearby city.
God bless you as you give!
These are great charities! Thanks for sharing
This is such a great idea. Here are some that I give to Run for Freedom-bring an end to Human Trafficking, Go Netherlands, and Latin America Child Care. Thanks, Pastor J, for reminding us this season is truly all about the gift of giving. I want to thank you for all the giving you give year round in your teachings about our Lord and Savior. God bless you.
These are also some great agencies to give too! Love the ideas. Keep them rolling in!
Getting my church more involved in a mission would be the topping on my cake.
Then I shall pray to this end for you. I find that God always blesses a people who will give to His mission.