Well my friend Deb from http://twominutesofgrace.wordpress.com is really onto something with her post “Soup for the Soul.” Check it out:
I know it’s last-minute; But it is never too late to jump on the computer and make a donation in that special someone’s name. Consider giving the gift of giving this year. After all, the person you are thinking about probably already has everything he/she needs… right? That’s why you’re having such a hard time finding a gift.
Here are some giving suggestions if you are at a loss:
1. Donate Bibles from the Gideons in your loved one’s name.
2. Donate to voice of the martyrs, a missions agency dedicated to easing the suffering of persecuted Christians across the globe.
3. Make a one time donation to your favorite missionary. These folks give their all year-round. Many of them are short or underfunded as churches in the U.S. cut budgets.
4. Speed-The-Light is one of my favorite missions outreach. This agency provides tools for missionaries to get their jobs done effectively. They provide cars, vans, buses, sound equipment,and anything else a missionary might need to “get’er done”.
5. I know you probably gave in the little bucket outside your Wal-Mart but why not do a little bit more in the name of your loved one. Give to the Salvation Army.
6. Convoy of Hope is an agency dedicated to disaster relief in partnership with the local church.
7. Health Care Ministries is a ministry dedicated to bringing health care to communities in need across the globe.
I could go on all night; But seven is the number of completion; So I will end here hoping you were inspired to give the gift of giving to at least one of your hard- to- buy- for loved ones.
What are some of your favorite charities?