“my cup runneth over. ” Psalm 23:5 KJV
I am here to testify that life is full! I keep a blessings list in my desk drawer. Specifically, I keep a list of blessings that come from every trial. That list is full and constantly growing.
As I walk this valley of the shadow of death I realize I have two choices. I can look at the death OR I can look at the life that is being squeezed out of the deathly shadows.
the devil is constantly whispering the death into my ear, telling me there is no light, only trouble. He tries so hard to drag my eyes away from the cup of the Lord’s blessing; But praises be! Greater is He that is in me. His voice draws me back to the cup so that I can see it is overflowing with the lemonade that the Holy Spirit has made out of life’s lemons!
Maybe you are struggling in a dark place, having trouble seeing the Lord’s overflowing blessing. Here are seven things that cause all our cups to overflow:
1. “And it came to pass.” These words are all over the Bible. All our testings are temporary. They cannot last.
2. “There is no temptation come upon you except what is common to man.” 1 Cor. 10:13 You are surrounded by people who understand the struggle and who can help you. Reach out and God will provide someone to support you!
3. “God is faithful and will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear.” 1 Cor. 10:13 He has put a strength inside of you to bear the trial. It may not feel it but the strength is there. Your faith will not fail!
4. “He will with every temptation provide a way of escape.” 1 Cor. 10:13 Always God provides a distraction, a secret passage, a back door for you to escape by.
5. My tests increase my abilities. I am a more capable man today because I know how to walk in trials.
6. My tests increase my compassion. Judgment leaves the room when I know and understand the pain life can bring.
7. My tests increase my wisdom. I have come to a fuller understanding of myself, others, God, and God’s purposes through my trials!
What are some of the blessings that overflow your cup in the presence of your enemies?