“my cup runneth over. ” Psalm 23:5 KJV
I am here to testify that life is full! I keep a blessings list in my desk drawer. Specifically, I keep a list of blessings that come from every trial. That list is full and constantly growing.
As I walk this valley of the shadow of death I realize I have two choices. I can look at the death OR I can look at the life that is being squeezed out of the deathly shadows.
the devil is constantly whispering the death into my ear, telling me there is no light, only trouble. He tries so hard to drag my eyes away from the cup of the Lord’s blessing; But praises be! Greater is He that is in me. His voice draws me back to the cup so that I can see it is overflowing with the lemonade that the Holy Spirit has made out of life’s lemons!
Maybe you are struggling in a dark place, having trouble seeing the Lord’s overflowing blessing. Here are seven things that cause all our cups to overflow:
1. “And it came to pass.” These words are all over the Bible. All our testings are temporary. They cannot last.
2. “There is no temptation come upon you except what is common to man.” 1 Cor. 10:13 You are surrounded by people who understand the struggle and who can help you. Reach out and God will provide someone to support you!
3. “God is faithful and will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able to bear.” 1 Cor. 10:13 He has put a strength inside of you to bear the trial. It may not feel it but the strength is there. Your faith will not fail!
4. “He will with every temptation provide a way of escape.” 1 Cor. 10:13 Always God provides a distraction, a secret passage, a back door for you to escape by.
5. My tests increase my abilities. I am a more capable man today because I know how to walk in trials.
6. My tests increase my compassion. Judgment leaves the room when I know and understand the pain life can bring.
7. My tests increase my wisdom. I have come to a fuller understanding of myself, others, God, and God’s purposes through my trials!
What are some of the blessings that overflow your cup in the presence of your enemies?
One of the really biggest blessings is that I’ve grown closer to Jesus, having to depend on Him for everything. 🙂 God bless you Pastor J. I loved this and the idea of keeping a blessings list during trials.
Oh so true Debbie! I have come so much closer to the shepherd of my soul! He is so good! I hope as you begin your blessings list you will share some of the deep insights the sHoly Spirit brings!
I’m with Debbie 😀
More than anything, I’ve come to want to know Him more than anything. And I, too, love the idea of keeping a blessings list during trials. It seems like right now would be a fine time to start. Thank you!
A-men Debbie! May His grace strengthen you in this season and may your blessings list become very long!
God has raised my faith to a new level through health issues in my family. I have seen miracles and there is such joy from walking by faith until it is sight for nothing is impossible with God. Seeing the prayer come to sight increases my faith more and more. I am believing God for my son’s healing in the natural for I know it is already done in heaven. Thanks Pastor J, I really like the seven things that cause our cups to overflow. I’m going to keep this list in my bible. Thanks again.
You are welcome and may your own blessing list have 70x 7 blessings!
Pastor J. thank u for sharing this…It truly is encouraging to me….Sometimes I think the enemy would like us to think that we (personally) are the only ones he is messing with.We are warriors armed with God’s armor to fight against the fiery darts…..Sometimes he seems so loud.But we have to stand on God’s truths…The truth shall set you free….And I have to keep my eyes on Jesus or I am going down(depressions)….thank you
It’s so nice to hear from you Kim! The truth will set you free and it will always direct your eyes to Jesus. He called you to this walk. He will help see you through! Be blessed in the name of Jesus!
Sometimes God does not always change the circumstance, at least not when I want Him to, but He will change me and my response to my circumstance. He will reveal to me that His grace is sufficient for me, and that His strength is made perfect in my weakness. Then, I have learned like Paul to glory in my tribulations, that His power would rest upon my life.
Thanks for this thought-provoking post, Pastor J. God bless you!
And thank you Paulette for your faithful walk in the midst of tribulation! God really is bringing us to a place where we can glory in tribulation isn’t He?