I keep a “brainstorming” notebook on me at all times; That way when I have “writer’s epiphany” I can jot the idea down so it’s not forgotten in my next writing session.
One of the ideas I recently wrote down was, “Share ten worship lyrics that have spoken to your heart.” I kept pushing it off in favor of other topics until I got this from one of my readers in response to a recent post. Angela wrote:
“I believe there is a worship song for every season. And finding it can be an adventure and quite exciting. I know when there are hard times before me a “God appointed” song has helped carry me as i carry its tune. “
Now I took that as a Holy Spirit clue that the time had come to share my top ten worship lyrics. So here they are:
10. “When peace like a river attendeth my way when sorrows like sea billows roll, whatever my lot Thou hast taught me to say ‘It is well. It is well with my soul.”
It Is Well, Philip Bliss
9. “Farther along we’ll know all about it. Farther along we’ll understand why. Cheer up my brother live in the sunshine. We’ll understand it all by and by.” Farther Along, W.B. Stevens
8. “A mighty fortress is our God. A sacred refuge is Your name. Your kingdom is unshakeable…” A Mighty Fortress, Christy and Nathan Nockels
7. “Let Your fragrance rest in this place as we gather to seek Your face.” Father of Creation, David Ruis
6. “All of my life in every season You are still God and I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship.” Desert Song , Brooke Fraser
5. “You are my desire. No one else will do. ’cause nothing else could take Your place, to feel the warmth of Your embrace. Help me find the way. Bring me back to You.” Draw Me Close, Kelly Carpenter
4. “You give and take away. You give and take away. My heart will choose to say ‘Lord blessed be Your name!'” Blessed Be The Name, Matt and Beth Redman
3. “He will my shield and portion be as long as life endures.” Amazing Grace, John Newton
2. “When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation and take me home what joy shall flood my heart. The I shall bow in humble adoration and there proclaim ‘My God How great Thou art!'” How Great Thou Art, Stuart Kline
1. “The Darling of Heaven crucified, worthy is the Lamb!” Worthy Is the Lamb, Darlene Zschech
What are your 10 favorite worship lyrics?