1. Tell me the story of Sodom and Gomorrah
2. Tell me the story of Joseph.
3. Tell me the story of Jesus.
Tonight we are discussing the books of _____________.
John was Jesus _____________ friend. As he was dying on the cross Jesus asked John to _____________ for his mother.
The relationship between John and ______________ was very special.
In Your groups read the following verses and discuss them.
1. I John 1: 5-7 What does it mean there is no darkness in God?
What does it mean to walk in the light?
2. Read 1 John 1: 8-10 Do you think these verses have anything to do with walking in the light? How?
3. read 1 John 4:7,8 How do you really love someone else?
Now let’s get back together.
I think you get the picture that John thought love was very ______________.
In fact he said if we can’t ______________ then we are not saved! Because anyone that is born of ______________ will know how to _____________.
In fact in another place in this book John says if you can’t love the _____________ around you do not _____________ God.
So how do we love?
Let’s look at I Corinthians 13.
never loses ________________
Which of these do you have the most trouble with? Let’s ask God to help.