1. Tell me what you know about Abraham Issac and Jacob.
2. Tell me what you know about Moses.
3. What was the tabernacle?
Tonight we are going to discuss the Book of _____________
Some people call it the hard____________ gospel.
Now In your Groups:
1. Read James 1:2-4
How do you usually act when trouble comes your way?
What are some things you can do to act more joyful?
2.Read James 2:14-25 What does it mean faith without works is dead? What kind of works do real Christians have?
Now come back to the large group:
So Paul writes in Ephesians 2: 8,9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God– not by works, so that no one can boast.”
But James writes: “Just as the body is dead without breath, so also faith is dead without good works. “ James 2:26
So which is true?
Well both are ______________.
How can that be? You have to take the full ____________ when you read the Bible. It’s dangerous to pick and choose Scriptures you end up with a cock-eyed view of God.
These two Scriptures balance each other out by showing us the full truth.
The full truth is this.
1. You can’t ________________ yourself. you needed Jesus to die on the _____________. You needed to accept His _____________ of your sins and there was nothing you could do to earn that.
2. The truth is without Jesus you can’t even be ____________. Paul says in Romans 6 and 7 that we are all sold as _____________ to sin.
3. But once you put your faith in Jesus __________________ you are going to change.
Faith in Jesus gives us the power to begin to become ___________. Paul wrote in II Corinthians 5:17 “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! “
When jesus comes into your ____________. You should begin to change. You won’t become _____________ but there will be good works. If there aren’t any you need to ask yourself am I saved.
What kind of things should you begin seeing?
Now take a minute and ask Jesus to begin to give you more good works in a specific area you see needs help.