Well this has certainly been a long study. It has taken me far longer than I expected to complete this work. As I look at it I am stunned not by how much I have covered but by how much I have missed.
The prophets are so expansive. They have much to say regarding the days in which we live, much to say about the lives we lead and take for granted.
To boil it down into a few sentences I have learned:
1. We are a people facing judgment.
2. Even the godly will be affected by judgment when their nations come under the hand of God’s fury.
3. That God works all things together for good when Christians trust Him.
4. Many Christians will fall away in the days ahead.
5. That trials have the potential to draw us closer to the Lord.
6. That the future of the sinner is fearful.
7. That the future of the Christian is beyond glorious!
Much has change in my life since I began this study. I can say the judgment of God has begun to lap the shores of my personal island. Yet as I walk forward haltingly into the future God has prepared I am not dismayed. I am hopeful.
“I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” 2 Tim 1:12 KJV
What have you committed into the hands of God?
Where will you stand in the judgment to come?