During the time of the divided kingdom God began to raise up ________________. These were men who spoke for God to the _______________.
They urged people to _________________ of their sin and turn to God. Which means to stop sinning and live the way God wanted them to.
They also reported that if the people would not _________________. God would send a judgment on them and destroy their country.
But a third and ___________________ theme was about the man the Jews called the ______________. God told the Jews he was going to send this man to:
1.__________________ people from their sin.
2. Restore the _________________ of Israel.
3. Judge the _________________.
Let’s find out a little bit more about this man.
1. He would be a great ________________. Isaiah 9:6-8
2. He would be born of David’s family line in the city of _________________. “ But thou, Bethlehem Ephrata, [though] thou be little among the thousands of Judah, [yet] out of thee shall he come forth unto me [that is] to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth [have been] from of old, from everlasting.
3. This King would make all the nations ______________. Isaiah 60:3
Now In your groups:
1. The Bible tells us that Jesus was born in Bethlehem and He is a son of David’s line. But he did not claim his kingship when he was on earth. Why do you think He didn’t do this?
2. What do you think Jesus meant when he told his disciples “the kingdom of God is within you?” How do you feel about the kingdom of God being in you? Do you believe it? What does it mean?
Question of the week: What does it mean to you that Jesus is King? Does his being king effect you personally? Should it effect you more? Why or why not?