Let’s review: What did we discuss last week
We discussed that ________________ was sold into slavery by his _________________.
The story of Joseph in a nutshell
1. Sold to _______________
2. sent to ________________
3. Interprets _______________.
4. Pharoah has a ______________.
5. Joseph interprets it . He predicts __________ years of ____________.
6. Pharoah makes Joseph vice Pharoah
7. In the _____________. Joseph’s brothers move to ____________. Family is put back together. They all move to Egypt!
When Joseph dies a new Pharoah ______________ the Israelites.
400 years go by.
_____________ is born.
He is raised in Pharoah’s house. But flees Egypt as an adult for the crime of _____________.
He lives _____________ years in the wilderness. Then God meets him.
“Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian, and he led the flock to the far side of the desert and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. There the angel of the Lord appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, “I will go over and see this strange sight–why the bush does not burn up.” When the Lord saw that he had gone over to look, God called to him from within the bush, “Moses! Moses!” And Moses said, “Here I am.” “Do not come any closer,” God said. “Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground.” Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God. The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey–the home of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites. And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.” Exodus 3:1-10 NIV
Moses after some convincing _____________ to go.
But Pharoah will not let the Israelites go.
God send 10 plagues through Moses.
Pharoah agrees to let them go.
At the Red Sea Pharoah makes one last attempt to ___________ the Israelites.
The Miracle of the parting of the __________ ___________
In the wilderness God meets the ___________ at Mount Sinai and gives them the ______________ ______________.
This is called the ___________ and God says anyone who can follow it perfectly may enter Heaven. However if you cannot follow it you must _______________. For sin can only be forgiven through the shedding of blood.
Now in your groups:
1. The Bible says Moses was schooled in all the wisdom of the Egyptians. He was a learned man? Yet in Exodus 3 he says to God he is slow of speech and could not possibly be a good choice for a spokesman. What do you think made Moses lose his confidence? What do you think of God’s reaction to Moses lack of confidence? read Exodus 3 again.
2. Read Exodus 14: 1-12/ Exodus 15:22/ Exodus 16: 1-3/ Exodus 17: 1,2 What do you think of the Israelites? Did they have a point? Would you have been like the Israelites? How would you have done things differently
Question of the week: Have you ever known anyone who could keep the 10 commandments? How do you think our culture is doing at keeping these commandments? What does that mean about our closeness to God?