HEY DOES GOD HAVE A BARGAIN FOR YOU!
Most people don’t know but I’m going to let you in on a little secret. God loves you! He loves all mankind and always has. He loves mankind so much He has made a series of bargains with us to help us through our world problems. These bargains are found in God’s book called the Bible. We are going to be learning about these bargains called covenants throughout the next few months.
So let’s begin:
In order to understand the bargains God has made with mankind we must go all the way back to the ___________________ Ge.1 :1 To the first bargain God made with mankind.
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth… So God created man in His own image. In the image of God he created him; Male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; Fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground…” Ge. 1:1,27,28
In order to understand “ God bargains” with mankind called __________________________, We have to start with God.
Who is God?
Genesis Chapter 1 and 2 tell us that God ___________________________ the world in 7 _____________. There are lots of theories that try to refute that but the theory of creation is both scientific and sound, If you want more information about creation theory go to:
The Bible teaches a 7 day creation. __________________ that it is false brings into question the rest of the Bible and also keeps us from truly understanding God’s ______________________ or covenants.
The Bible teaches that there was order to creation:
God saw His whole creation as good. But when he created man he said it was _____________ good.
There was a reason God made man last:
Psalm 8 For the director of music. According to  A psalm of David.
From the lips of infants and children you have ordained praise  because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
3. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
4. what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
5. You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings  and crowned him with glory and honor.
6. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet:
7. all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field,
8. the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas.
9. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!
This psalm is an exclamation of God’s first covenant with mankind.
After God made Adam and Eve he told them Be __________________ and multiply. Fill the earth and _______________it.
There was only one condition:
Bargains or covenants always come with a ____________________ a requirement an If…then clause.
The “If… then clause”” in the Adamic covenant.
Read Ge. 2:15-3:7
Adam decided not to take the _______________________. Here’s the first thing to learn about “God bargains” or covenants. When you refuse to abide by the conditions of the bargain the deal is broken. It was true then it was true now.
What was the bargain God made with Adam: God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful and increase in number; Fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground…” Ge. 1:1,27,28
Do we see that today? No ! Read this!
“Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned— 13for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law. 14Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.
15But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many! 16Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification. 17For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ.
18Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men. 19For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.” Romans 12:15-19 NIV
Adam refused the first “God bargain” for the entire human race!
It’s time for you to respond to some of these things. In your teams answer these questions:
- Make a list of twenty things that would be different if Adam had taken the God bargain and had not sinned
- Which of those things do you wish for the most? Why?
- How do you feel about God making bargains with man that man has to live with? Does God have the right? Why or why not?
- Which of the eight qualities of God we mentioned are new to you? Are any of them hard to believe? Which of them do you think is the most important quality to you?
- What about the 7 day creation theory? Do you think it important to believe? Why or why not?
- If God were to make a bargain with you, do you think your reaction would be different from Adam’s when it came to living up to the conditions? Why or why not?
HERE IS YOUR TEAM QUESTION FOR THE WEEK. RESPOND TO THIS IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THE BLOG BY FRIDAY AND GET EXTRA POINTS FOR YOUR TEAM.
WHY DO YOU THINK ADAM DECIDED NOT TO TAKE THE GOD BARGAIN AND CHOSE SIN?